How can I obtain a handicapped parking permit?

The Village of Cold Spring issues temporary or permanent handicapped parking permits to eligible Village residents. An application form and instructions can be obtained at the NYS Department of Motor Vehicles site. Applicants should have the medical certification section of the application completed by their physician, podiatrist or nurse practitioner. Completed applications must be submitted at Village Hall. If the applicant has a NYS Driver's License or non-driver's identification they should bring this information with them. There is no fee associated with this permit.

Please note that parking permits or disabled license plates cannot be used to park on the streets of New York City. Also, persons traveling outside of New York should check with the police or motor vehicles agency in the state where they will be traveling to determine if their permit will be accepted.